Each school must fully complete a self-evaluation in order to apply for validation and accreditation. During this stage, schools are evaluating their performance against 5 digital schools criteria and are preparing to meet the necessary requirements for validation.
The 5 digital schools measurement criteria come under the following headings
- Leadership & Vision
- Use of Digital Technology to Deliver the Curriculum
- School Culture
- Professional Development
- Resources & Infrastructure
In answering the questions, please consider the following;
- Each statement should be considered along with the supporting options :-
- Partially addressed
- Not addressed
- Schools should select the option that is consistent with the position of the school.
- Statements that are considered essential to be addressed carry a higher weighing.
- Within each criteria, a minimum score of 70% must be achieved before a school can apply for validation.
Don’t worry, self-evaluation responses are retained so a school may return at any stage and change the option at any time before final submission.
Finally, schools can get help in a number of different ways;
- through the Digital Schools online information and resources
- peer support from other Digital Schools located on the map
- request call back from our programme coordinators