Your school is encouraged to register for the Digital Schools Awards Programme Northern Ireland.
The Digital Schools Awards Northern Ireland is a national awards programme which promotes, recognises and encourages best practice use of digital technology in primary schools.
For more information and to register your school go to http://www.digitalschoolsawards.co.uk and join the fast growing community of Digital Schools across Northern Ireland, Scotland and the Republic of Ireland.
Some of the benefits of becoming a digital school:
• The programme has presented many schools with an achievable recognised award for their deployment of digital technologies;
• There is an emerging community of practice among schools who are sharing innovations and best practice;
• Encourages whole-school and policy-led approaches to the use of digital technologies in teaching and learning;
• Schools, in undertaking the self-review framework are engaging in activities that are promoted by National, European and International organisations and are therefore more global in their approach;
• Early evaluations suggest that schools welcome the self-review process and the recognition that being awarded a Digital School brings.
The programme is supported by HP, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft and Intel in Northern Ireland.